Are you looking to get some quality backlinks? You’re not alone. According to a report from Moz, 90% of marketers want more quality links from authoritative sites in their industry. But how do you go about getting these? Well, there are plenty of ways to get them without spending any money at all! Here are twelve simple tricks that really work:
Link reclamation is a technique for getting backlinks from sites that have linked to your site in the past, but have since removed the link. It can be used to find broken links on your site and other parts of your site that are not working properly.
To begin linking reclamation:
Broken link building.
Broken link building is a technique that involves pointing people to the right place. It’s used to boost the authority of your content and improve the SEO of your site.
Broken link building works by finding and fixing broken links on pages in Google Search, which are usually due to copying over old links from a previous version of your site or hosting provider (like WordPress).
The way you find broken links is simple: You just need to search for some keywords related to what you want people searching for on Google, then click on any results with “Broken Link” at the end of their title tag. You can also see if there are any internal redirects by checking their URL structure; if it includes http://www.example-domain/page1/, then this means that page1 exists but doesn’t exist anymore because someone copied over its old location with another domain name like www2xxyyyzzzzz3xyz4
- Guest blogging is a great way to get quality backlinks.
- Write for authoritative sites in your niche, and make sure you are writing for the right audience. It’s not just about writing articles and publishing them on other sites; it’s also about finding the right fit between your site and theirs.
- Guest blogging is a long-term strategy that can take months to see results, but if done correctly (and with patience) will pay off in spades!
Skyscraper technique (by Brian Dean).
The skyscraper technique is a content creation strategy that involves creating a piece of content that is similar to an existing piece of content on a high authority site. The goal is to make your piece better than the original, so it can be linked from their site.
This method has been around for awhile and it works really well when you have time and patience as well as some technical skills. It’s also one way of getting backlinks from high authority sites without having thousands or millions of links pointing directly at your website (which may not necessarily be what you want).
Unlinked brand mentions (source).
Unlinked brand mentions are a type of backlink that can be earned by linking to your content from someone else’s blog, website or social media account. This is not as powerful as other types of backlinks because it doesn’t give your page higher rankings in search engines and won’t help you gain traffic from Google. However, they’re still considered valuable because they’ll look natural on any site where they’re used: no one will notice they were created by a machine instead of organic content written by an actual human being!
Write testimonials for websites you do business with, such as theme and plugin developers, SEO companies, hosting providers, etc.
To get quality backlinks, you can write testimonials for websites you do business with. For example, if you’re an SEO company, then write a positive review of your competitor’s website and link to it in the body of your own testimonial.
You should also make sure that any meaningful information is included in these testimonials:
- How long have they been in business?
- What makes them better than other companies offering similar services?
- Are there any specific features or benefits that make their service stand out from others like it on Google?
Become a contributor to large sites in your industry (Moz, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Inc., etc.)
The next step is to become a contributor to large sites in your industry (Moz, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Inc., etc.)
Becoming a guest blogger or guest podcaster can help you get noticed by the people who are looking for new content. You can also become a regular contributor and start building relationships with other writers on these sites by sharing ideas and collaborating on stories together. If you want to make it even easier for people to find you as an expert in your niche area then consider becoming an active member of one of the many Facebook groups dedicated specifically towards helping people learn about how they can grow their businesses online through social media marketing strategies such as Facebook Ads or Instagram Hashtags!
Create interesting infographics that get shared and linked to.
Creating interesting infographics is a great way to get backlinks. It’s also a great way to increase traffic, brand awareness and relationships with influencers.
- Create an infographic that solves a problem or provides information that people want.
- Include links in the infographic so they can be shared on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter (make sure you link back).
- Post it on your blog or website as well as other websites where you want people who are interested in your topic will see it!
Convert mentions of your brand name into contextual backlinks by using Google Alerts and “Find and replace” functions in Word or Excel.
If you’re a social media manager, this is the most important tip in this post. If you have a big brand name and are trying to get more traffic from search engines, then this is one of the most effective ways of getting quality backlinks that really work.
Google Alerts is a great way of generating contextual backlinks by setting up alerts on keywords related to your brand name or product name so that when someone mentions those terms in their content (e.g., “Amazon”), Google will send an email notification with links pointing at relevant pages on your site where they can easily find more information about what they were searching for.
It’s important not only that these links point at quality websites but also that they include metadata like title/headline text; URL; description length; image source(s); author names/emails so that people who follow through get even more value from their visit than just seeing one piece of content!
Publish ultra-comprehensive ultimate guides like Neil Patel’s Advanced Guide to SEO or Matthew Woodward’s Search Engine Optimization Guide.
If you want to get quality backlinks, it’s best to write ultra-comprehensive ultimate guides that cover a wide range of topics. You can use these as a way to build your authority and reputation in the niche.
Ultimate guides are also great for building relationships with other experts in your field because they give them something valuable they can refer people too when they talk about their own expertise.
Switching to a new email service? Start reaching out to all the people who could have written to you at your old @gmail address. Then, introduce yourself and share your new email address so that they will start writing emails to you there (see #1).
If you’re switching to a new email service, start reaching out to all the people who could have written to you at your old @gmail address. Then, introduce yourself and share your new email address so that they will start writing emails to you there (see #1).
If you haven’t already done this, now is a good time! There are many reasons why businesses should be doing this:
- Old addresses are no longer valid. Gmail has changed since they were first created and many people have abandoned their old addresses because of this change. A lot of people still use Hotmail or Yahoo Mail but these services don’t have good SEO results for sites like ours anymore either so we have switched over as well.
There are many ways to get backlinks that don’t involve paying.
There are many ways to get backlinks that don’t involve paying.
- Link Reclamation: It’s a lot harder than it sounds, but you can use this strategy to get around the problem of missing out on organic traffic due to having no links in your profile or on your website. To do this, you’ll need to contact other websites and ask if they’d like a link from yours (or vice versa). You should also ask them if they would be willing and able to give away their links for free so that people who don’t have any experience with SEO might still find value in them!
- Broken Link Building: This is one of my favorite strategies because it requires very little effort at all—and yet still yields great results! broken links build trust between brands and consumers alike; therefore when someone finds themselves unable (or unwilling) to visit your site due there being no active links pointing towards it from other sites around town…they’ll just look elsewhere instead!”
Backlinks are key for SEO. But, not all backlinks are created equal. There are many ways to get quality backlinks without having to pay. Follow these 12 tips and you’ll be on your way to getting more links that really work!