Toothaches may happen to anyone and at anytime. Do you know a tooth ache can occur due to several oral concerns? Some of these are cavities, exposed tooth root, gum disease or infection. Despite what is causing a toothache, you need to seek for treatment from a dentist to prevent the problem from becoming worse. Different home remedies can give some relief before you decide to schedule your next appointment. You can also perform emergency root canal in London and get rid of the pain.
Do it yourself toothache relief options at home
- Take baby aspirin – You can crush up baby aspirin and apply this powder directly on the affected area in the mouth. Let the solution dissolve completely to get rid of the discomfort and pain.
- Use teabag – You may place wet teabag on the tooth to eliminate pain and lessen swelling. When you are not sensitive to cold, then try to dip your tea bag in ice water to ease pain.
- Apply ginger and pepper – Prepare anti-inflammatory paste and mix with ginger and pepper with some drops of water. After thus, use cotton ball for applying this paste to the tooth. Keep the mixture away from gums to prevent irritation and get instant relief.
- Cloves – Cloves can help in the treatment of toothaches. Apply a pinch of cloves onto the tooth and then hold it properly to ease the pain. You can even soak cotton ball in clove oil and then put it on the painful area.
- Fresh garlic – Garlic is a natural remedy with several health benefits. You can use garlic as a remedy for toothache and mix crushed clove of garlic with rock salt for applying it around the tooth.
- Salt water – Rinsing salt water is a good remedy to fight against any infection. To prepare salt water rinse, try to dissolve one teaspoon of salt in warm water. Rinse mouth out with salt water in every 2 to 3 hours to get rid of bacteria and promote the healing process.
- Peppermint tea – You may numb pain in the tooth with peppermint tea. Try to add one teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves to boiling water and allow it to steep for twenty minutes. After this, strain the tea and allow it to cool. You may use it as mouth rinse and repeat the process for getting relief from pain.
- Tea tree oil – Tea tree oil has various benefits for health which include ability to lessen pain. Try dipping cotton ball in tea tree oil against your affected tooth. You can also rinse mouth out with a mixture of warm water and some drops of tea tree oil. Make sure you do not swallow this mixture.
- Hydrogen peroxide – Nearly 3% hydrogen peroxide is good for killing bacteria and lessening plaque in the mouth. It may decrease discomfort while dealing with infection or cavity. After rinsing mouth with hydrogen peroxide, you should rinse with plain water too.
- Chewing gums – Chewing gum can protect the gap when you have lost a filling recently. Try to place one small piece on the affected area till you visit the dentist.
- Cinnamon and honey – Both cinnamon and honey are a good combination as cinnamon is naturally anti-inflammatory and honey is naturally antimicrobial. If you want to prepare a homemade pain relief solution, then mix 5 teaspoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon till it changes to a sticky paste. Put this solution directly onto your tooth several times in a day.
- Cucumber – You can slice up fresh cucumber and place one of the pieces right on your tooth for some pain relief. Prepare a paste by mashing up cucumber and mixing it with rock salt. Apply this paste on the affected tooth and ease the discomfort quickly.
- Baking soda – Baking soda has several home and medicinal benefits. Wet cotton ball and dip it in baking soda solution for getting relief from toothache. After this, press cotton ball against your affected tooth to eliminate the pain. You may mix one teaspoon of baking soda in warm water and use it as mouth wash.
- Onions – Onions can be used for medicinal purposes. You can cut off one piece of onion and press it gently against the sore tooth. This solution can help to get rid of the pain and kill bacteria.
- Ice pack – One of the easiest natural remedies to relieve the pain is by using ice pack or cold compress. Wrap ice pack in a towel and then hold it against face side where there is extreme pain. You can try out this remedy for at least 15 minutes. The cold can help to lessen the swelling while, at the same time, numb the pain.
Apart from the home made remedies discussed above, you can undergo emergency root canal treatment at Emergency Dentist London when there is a cracked or chipped tooth. This will allow in saving the tooth by seeing a dentist for your improved oral health.